Saturday, June 27, 2009

Fishin at the "Duck Pond"

The first catch (small perch) made by Brandon's lucky "Transformers" pole. He caught this on his first cast!
Brandon's second cast yeilded a small rainbow trout!!

Ben is just chillin!






The boys fishin!


Me and Ben, my proof that we were there once again... one token picture.


Blake and his first fish. A trout reeled in on Brandon's lucky pole, but as I was taking this picture Brady had to start reeling in a fish on Blake's pole.


This is that fish caught on Blake's pole that I talked about in the previous picture.


Gotta get that hook out!


At home they had to clean the fish that they kept! The boys were so intersted in Brady filleting the trout.


I was very thankful that Brady did this outside on the patio... as most of you may know I hate the smell of fish and I would have died trying to clean up the kitchen after this project.


The last fish is in that bowl even though you can't see it.




There's that last fish! All together they caught 6 keepers. We were going to grill them up tonight with our friends the Neilson's but Matt got sick so we froze the fillets for another night. I took all these pictures on my cell phone because i forgot the real camera. I am quite impressed with how they turned out! Thank Heaven for cell phones with cameras!!














2 comments:

  1. I wish I was there! Everyone Your boys are just the cuest! Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JEN!! It was so fun to see you and Brady in Gainesville! Glad we all happened to be there the same Sunday! I love your blog! It looks like you've been doing some super fun things! AND, I had to crack up at you having to take pics of yourself to document YOU WERE THERE! I feel your pain!! My husband never takes pics of me either! We're both bad at taking the camera, but he's really bad. I've had to ask him to take a pic of me, so sad!! I guess I'm going to start doing what you've been doing! That's hilarious!!! Take care! Let us know what your plans are after school! think you'll be back in Texas?? OH, you should go see my brother in Rexburg. He's teaching there...Zeb Weeks. You'd love his wife, Daisy!! You'd have fun with her!
    Hugs,
    Kas

    ReplyDelete